Eek, how the heck did I reach twenty? I remember being scared for turning thirteen, who knew 7 years later I’d be twenty and dreaming of being a teen again!
I do feel like I’ve reached a solid age, I’m officially an adult-well I pretend otherwise. I scoot around town in my car, go shopping alone, do mature things like changing my bed regularly and washing clothes. More importantly I have a full time job, in fact 6 days a week worth. How did this happen? I swear I was an ickle year 7 being swallowed up by a giant secondary school like 5 minutes ago. Oh well, here we are, might as well embrace it.
Seeing as I’m twenty now and have been for a month I thought I’d share 20 facts about me with you…
- My full name is Charlotte Louise Barton
- I was born on Friday 5th September 1997, at around 10am. This means I’m a Virgo and it’s safe to say everything I’ve ever read about my horoscope is so damn true.
- I live in a tiny village called Cliffsend, located in Thanet, Kent.
- As mentioned above I have a full time job. I work as a Clinical Apprentice within the Kent Community Health Foundation Trust aka NHS.
- I aspire to be a Speech and Language Therapist and hopefully work with children who have complex needs.
- I have a real bad tendency to sing, all the time-even though I can’t sing. I like to burst out with random songs, sing to the top of my lungs and burst eardrums.
- I am an only child, this can be lonely or great. Im yet to decide.
- I’m left handed, aren’t all the best people? However I had adapted pretty well to the right handed world we live in. Why do left handed scissors cost more, outraged!
- I’m obsessed with Mexican food, give me all the spice, all the burritos and all the fajitas.
- I’m meticulous in my ways. If its not perfect, I’m not happy.
- Unpopular opinion but pizza just isn’t my thing, give me the salad bar any day.
- 101 Dalmatians is my favourite Disney film because PUPPIES!
- My parents gave in to my Dalmatian obsession and got me my first puppy, I named her Coco. Unfortunately she’s no longer with us but we adopted Ralph my second spotty woofer and he’s the best boy in town.
- I’m 5’6″ tall, which is just average…
- I am a Brown Owl for a group of Brownies I run in a local village. I’m also Squirrel at the villages Guide group.
- I hoard note books. The obsession gets worse every time I go into TKMaxx!
- Im a carb-a-holic, that’s not a word but it is now. Mash, chips, wedges just give me all the carbs.
- I used to think school was amazing, quickly realising that it actually wasn’t the place for me. Work if a better environment for me.
- This one is personal. I’ve struggled with my weight all my life, never been happy in my own skin. I’m getting to a better place but I’m still on a long journey.
- I believe everything happens for a reason.