I’ve fallen head over heels for Costa’s Hazelnut and Praline Hot chocolate. It’s just glorious, it’s a bit like a Ferrero Rocher, swoon! However I’m trying to save the pennies (and calories!!!) but I’ve been craving this bad boy constantly. If you’re anything like me you’ll have a massive sweet tooth and nothing will do until that need is met. So I took matters into my own hands…
I’ve whisked up some delicious drinks over the past few weeks, finally perfecting the recipes ready to share with you. I’ve got 4 different hot chocolates that will warm your soul and hit that sweet tooth.
For all of the following recipes you will need:
– Hot chocolate powder of your choice, I’ll be using options. Alternatively if you want a real good
– A real cute mug
– Milk, or even better chocolate milk!
– Marshmallows and whipped cream
– Appropriate flavours (see recipes for these) Your local supermarket should have these
Right let’s get the kettle on….
1) Grab your mug and pop in two heaped teaspoons of hot chocolate.
2) Add 50ml boiling water to this and stir until smooth.
3) In a saucepan pour 200ml of milk and put on a low heat. Allow to slowly heat, ensuring you’re constantly stirring. Don’t want it to burn!
4) Once simmering away nicely, turn off the the heat and add to your mug.
5) Give it another good old stir.
6) Add a few drops of your chosen flavouring, not too much otherwise it might blow your mind!
7) No hot chocolate is complete without marshmallows and squirty cream. Pop in your marshmallows, this allows them to warm up a bit and go all gooey. Yum! Add a generous lashing of cream and finally top with a few more marshmellows.
8) Of course I had to make my hot chocolate a little more blogable/instagramable so I embellished mine a bit more. Sprinkles, chocolate and crumbled biscuit are just a few ideas.
9) and enjoy…. Caution it may be hot!
Here are a few of my creations
? Peppermint Hot Chocolate
? Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
? Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate
? Black Forest Hot Chocolate
Let’s create a insta # so we can all share our hot choc creations. So tag #MyDIYHotChoc and I’ll keep a check. Can’t wait to see your creations!
Come back tomorrow for another helpful post about dressing for the season!